AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Employment Law, Energy Law, Environment and Local Government Law, Mediation, Resource Management Law
YEAR OF ADMISSION TO THE BAR
Ian is a litigator and mediator with a particular focus on natural resources, environment and employment law.
He has extensive trial and dispute resolution experience including all aspects of project advice on resource consent applications and appeals; representation in consent and plan change hearings before Councils, Boards of Inquiry, the Environment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal; Judicial Review and advice on designations and associated public works acquisition and compensation processes.
- LLB (Victoria)
- DBS (Dispute Resolution)(Massey)
- LEADR and Pepperdine University (Calif.) trained mediator
- Maniototo Environmental Society Inc v Central Otago District Council and Ors; Re Project Hayes Wind Farm, C103/2009 EC;
- Turitea Wind Farm Proposal, Board of Inquiry 2011;
- Waterfront Watch Inc & Queens Wharf Holdings v Wellington City Council ENVC 74
- Transmission Gully Notices of Requirement and Consents, Board of Inquiry 2012;
- Queenstown Central Ltd v Queenstown Lakes District Council ENV-2009-CHC-215, 2012-2014
- Shotover Park Limited v Queenstown Lakes District Council and Foodstuffs (South Island) v Queenstown Lakes District Council, CIV-2013-425-94 & 95, HC 2013;
- The Tukituki Catchment Proposal, Ruataniwha, Board of Inquiry 2014;
- Cook Adam Trustees v QLDC: PC 39 Arrowtown ENV-2011-CHC-6, 2014;